Brief Description of PSU/School/Department
Portland State University (PSU) seeks to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic qualities of urban life by providing access to a quality liberal education for undergraduates and an appropriate array of professional and graduate programs especially relevant to the Portland metropolitan area. PSU is located in beautiful, vibrant downtown Portland. Easily accessible by bike and public transit, PSU is surrounded by many restaurants, food carts, parks, and local businesses. We hope you will consider joining us and experience our motto in action: Let Knowledge Serve the City.
- Provide direct technical support to campus constituents in-person and via phone, ticketing system, or chat.
- Act as an escalation point and support for the student team, troubleshooting more advanced technical and customer service issues and facilitating clear escalations to the correct resources.
- Create, service, and complete help requests in the ticketing system, including those escalated from the team.
- Work with the rest of the team to support and coordinate our service operations.
- Answer team questions, address team concerns and generate support documentation as needed to improve team effectiveness.
- Work with student coordinators and team leads to build and maintain the team schedule.
- Participate in performance evaluation and management, providing feedback, coaching, and mentoring to student team members as needed.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of team dashboards and processes such as QA review.
- Contribute to inter-team projects by creating project documentation, aiding in setting of goals and deadlines, and following up on outstanding action items and deliverables.
- Provide frontline support perspective to system administrators and developers as needed.
- Help project team members keep up with tasks and assignments as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills of technology and information systems generally obtained through an AA degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative, technical, team-oriented environment.
- Experience providing customer service/support.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Experience with Mac and/or PC operating systems.
- Familiarity with common computing hardware, such as desktops, laptops, and smartphones.
- Experience writing procedures or technical documentation.
- Familiarity with printers, copiers, or other office equipment.
- Experience with ticketing systems or other request tracking tools.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in an IT support role.
Key Cultural Competencies
Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences. Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits
Please visit the Total Compensation Calculator to see the added value of PSU’s employee benefits.
All Portland State University employees, regardless of work location, must submit either (1) Proof of Vaccination; or (2) have an approved medical or religious exemption, on their first day or employment. To read the full PSU vaccination policy, please visit: https://www.pdx.edu/policies/covid-vaccination.
Please list the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references.
Apply by visiting PSU's website: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/38507