Instrument is a digital product and brand experience agency of more than 400 talented people on a dozen different teams, each focused on particular clients and dedicated to producing best-in-class work. We’re seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support our growing agency needs. You’ll work from our beautiful Portland office in the bustling Williams neighborhood in Portland, Oregon to support a variety of infrastructure and IT operational needs.
Although this role is supporting Instrument directly, the role will sit within our parent company, Stagwell. Stagwell is one of the most influential marketing and communications networks in the world. With 10,000+ specialists in 24 countries, with a roster of some of the world’s most impactful creative agencies. If you are seeking an opportunity to grow your career and influence strategic systems decisions we’d love to meet you.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of Instrument’s (Stagwell’s) information technology systems. To be a successful senior IT systems engineer, you should possess advanced knowledge of hardware and software systems and exceptional communication and analytical thinking abilities. This role is a key business partner to our operational leaders, evaluating the efficiency of existing systems and business processes; and designing and implementing strategies for further advancing these systems. You will manage these strategies from concept through completion with exceptional efficiency, autonomy, and collaboration.
What You’ll Do
- Operates as a critical business partner with Instrument’s operational leaders and Stagwell stakeholders to support Instrument’s IT operations through strategic planning, clear communication, and optimal outcomes.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, network architecture, and computer systems infrastructure.
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure as well as procures new systems for the organization, ensuring operational stability as well as inline with company guidelines.
- Translates strategic IT business priorities into measurable projects and roadmaps. Independently owns and confidently drives concurrent complex IT projects and deliverables for the team.
- Demonstrates advanced experience and knowledge of desktop engineering and managing/administering core systems such as MDM (JAMF), iDP (Okta), and other management tools.
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting: rules, group-based access, and third-party integrations with an IDP (Okta, OneLogin, Ping Identity)
- Manages and administers Instrument’s JAMF instance in partnership with Stagwell team stakeholders. Supports and enhances Instrument’s automation and zero-touch deployment models.
- Serves as an escalation and knowledge point for Senior Service Desk Engineers for desktop, server and networking issues.
- Champions IT program management best practices, methodologies and documentation.