Instrument is a digital product and brand experience agency of more than 400 talented people on a dozen different teams, each focused on particular clients and dedicated to producing best-in-class work. Our shift to a remote-first model has only strengthened and diversified our company culture, and we’re committed to career advancement, personal support, and a healthy work/life balance for everyone we hire.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to be based in our Portland, Oregon headquarters. This position will be a hybrid combination of working onsite and remotely and will require you to be located in the Portland area (or within close proximity). Proof of vaccination and PPE is required for this position.
As a Manager of Human Resources, you will work directly with Instrument employees to ensure understanding and support with several processes and policies that directly impact them. You are acutely aware of the balance between policies, procedures, care, and support of our employees and act accordingly day to day.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Director of HR in maintenance of the Employee Handbook and facilitate annual signatures and training on updates to the handbook
- Support safety of our employees by maintaining policies that are accurate and essential for environmental risks, illness, etc.
- Consistently evaluate our HR procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal labor regulations. With every new hire, ensure we are in compliance with their local and state guidelines
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to create and maintain a leave management system for Instrument
- Including compliance with FMLA and other state regulations related to leave management
- Provide ongoing support for employees related to their leave needs, with timely and thoughtful responses
- Understand how leave management is managed on the backend systems, including tracking in our HRIS and internal financial tracking systems
- Act as a neutral resource/advisor for employees who have sensitive or confidential issues/reports to make
- Investigate internal incidents promptly, with professionalism and thoughtfulness in the forefront of your mind
- Support the Director Human Resources with preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, conducting exit interviews to determine and track reasons behind employee exits
- Maintain understanding of our benefits, compensation and total rewards offerings and implementation strategies
- Offer support and coverage as needed to maintain the highest level of support to our employees within these processes
- Consistently make decisions that maintain equity and equitable practices across the company, in opportunity and offerings
- Engage with a high level of emotional maturity and awareness, utilizing multiple styles of communication and influence to come to the best result
What We Offer
- Hybrid/Remote Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation, learn more about our compensation philosophy here
- Pay Equity Practices & TransparencyIntentional Career Development (ongoing & for each stage of your growth)
- Annual Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Matching with Immediate Vesting
- Comprehensive Medical (including Mental Health coverage), Vision, and Dental Insurance (effective your first day)
- Meaningful Time Away Policies & Practices
- Volunteer Time Off
- Monthly Wellbeing & WFH Stipend
- Annual Professional Development Budget