A•VIBE is a locally-owned, full-service web solutions firm seeking a true nerd to join our team. We are a stable, growing company located in downtown Portland and we are building a development team focused on innovative projects to better provide “next tech” development solutions to our web services clients. We are seeking a like-minded, experienced, and versatile industry professional to fill our open Web Developer position.
Are you a developer who likes working in an Agile development framework doing test-driven development? Are you excited by new technologies, outpacing competitors, and creating high-performance websites? Do you enjoy working in teams where your communication skills are as important as your technical skills? If so, you may just be THE ONE!
Experience and Skills needed to get the job done:
- You have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related major such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics.
- You understand the concept-to-deployment software/system development lifecycle (SDLC) and have experience with web services.
- You possess a clear understanding of object-oriented programming and have the ability to solve complex problems with good instinct and programming expertise.
- You possess a desire to learn complex databases with a passion for OO programming.
- You have a strong desire to work in a team-driven, customer-focused environment and the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
- You possess excellent organizational and time-management abilities and strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you will receive as a highly valued member of our staff:
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Recognition and acknowledgment for your achievements
- A generous benefits package featuring low-deductible/low out-of-pocket health, dental, vision, life insurance coverage after 90 days of employment.
- Company-paid Tri-Met pass or parking credit
- PTO and paid holidays
- Monthly tiered incentive bonus program and 401K plan with employer match after one year of service
- A relaxed, fun working environment with an awesome team of like-minded people.
- A comfortable, centrally-located office in downtown Portland—no telecommuting.
Please Note: A successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check before final hire.
To Apply: Please complete the online application process and include both a resume and a cover letter that briefly explains why you are interested in this opportunity and why you would be a good fit for the position as described.