Reports to: Director of Strategy
Deksia is where a senior copywriter with 4-6 years of experience can grow, lead and manage a team doing great work. We work with different clients in different industries, growing fast, so this is a fast-paced environment. This growth creates lots of opportunities. Here, writing copy is fun and engaging, a constantly evolving challenge.
At Deksia, senior copywriters work with CMSs and use exceptional editing and proofing capabilities to polish original, compelling copy for various marketing tactics. Like most agencies, we have deadlines, and senior copywriters help direct projects with creative briefs and collaboration with clients, account managers and creative teams. Working with great people is a critical part of our culture.
Deksia copywriters actively understand and translate copy into the client’s brand with constructive criticism going both ways (we all want to get better, so let’s talk and fix it). Deksia gives senior copywriters a voice in how projects are scoped and quoted and a role to review work that needs client approval. If this sounds fun to you, please apply today!
Roles / What you’ll be held accountable for:
- Clear, effective archetype-aligned copy
- Copywriting agility & troubleshooting
- Cross department collaboration
- LMA (Lead, Manage, hold team Accountable)
- 4-6 years experience in copywriting, journalism
- Experience with Content Management Systems; i.e. WordPress
- Exceptional proofreading capabilities
- Exceptional editing capabilities
- Grow team through effective feedback & coaching
- Train new team members for department
- Effectively lead and manage interns & apprentices
- Effectively advises team
- Spots trends based on pulling together info outside of a domain of expertise
- Scope & quote projects at all levels in dept
- Review work that obtains client approval
- Attend client meetings to assist with sales engineering
- Stay informed on industry trends
Why You’ll Love Working @ Deksia:
- $57,000 – $87,000 – Annual salary, dependent on experience
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead and communicate with the team, take the time you need
- Retirement Savings Program
- Insurance Benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Parental Leave – Ask for details
- Technology or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
- Quarterly in-person events to work on the business & bond with teammates