Who You Are
You promote and foster an environment where teamwork is a priority. You are collaborative within your team and across departmental boundaries when taking suggestions, making decisions, and receiving feedback. You like working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change at a moment’s notice.
You have the ability to skillfully craft conceptual and strategic marketing copy that speaks directly to teachers and administrators in the science education industry.
You are willing to jump in and assist when needed. You know how to have fun in the workplace while setting priorities and accomplishing your daily goals.
- Proven experience translating technical copy into clear and concise marketing copy to deliver a consistent message
- Experience developing marketing copy that effectively communicates to personas at various stages of the buyer’s journey
- A working knowledge of education industry trends, current terminology, target markets, and the like
- Ability to balance copywriting and copy editing of all materials for accurate presentation, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and adherence to style and voice guidelines
- Knowledge of content strategy and digital marketing
- A solid portfolio that displays several years’ worth of print/digital advertising and marketing copywriting that are provably your own
- Knowledge of copy best practices (including SEO for digital copy) and storytelling
- Familiarity with Agile project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal
Traits for Success
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Strong attention to detail; effective problem-solving, organization, and time-management skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Collaborates with cross-departmental stakeholders, including Publications Team and Tech Support
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent
- 4+ years previous experience working on a marketing team in the education or tech industry
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Basecamp
About the Marketing Team
Our Marketing Team is a quality-driven, flexible team that works cohesively towards a common goal, creates a positive working environment, and supports each other to combine individual strengths in order to enhance overall team performance.
The team excels at what they do, especially during peak times. The team produces our annual catalog and develops omni-channel marketing campaigns, which include email, social media, print, advertisements, and content for the website. The team also plans and manages workshops and conferences across the country throughout the year.
The Marketing Team is a hardworking, self-motivated, and effective group that enjoys having fun along the way.
Founded in 1981, Vernier pioneers award-winning interfaces, sensors, software, and curriculum to transform how educators teach science and how students collect, analyze, and interpret scientific data. Vernier is registered as an Oregon Benefit Company. We have also been on the list of the 100 Best Places to Work in Oregon for over 15 years. Being on this list means that we are serious about our commitment to providing employees with a positive, professional, and fun work environment.
What we can offer you
In addition to an amazing company culture, Vernier offers competitive pay, profit sharing, and a generous employer contribution into your 401(k) retirement account. Our benefits are exceptional and include 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for eligible employees and their families. We have an onsite fitness center, private shower facilities, indoor bike storage room, and weekly fitness activities/classes. Vernier is located next to the Millikan Way MAX stop, and we provide employer-paid TriMet passes to all eligible employees. We also offer tuition assistance, paid volunteer time, a generous PTO (paid time off) plan, and paid sabbaticals.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply directly at https://vernier.prismhr-hire.com/job/128779/marketing-copywriter
For more information visit our website at www.vernier.com
Vernier Software & Technology is an equal opportunity, and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.