The School of Business at Portland State University is hiring a Manger of Technology. The Manager of Technology is responsible for the IT function for the School of Business (SB), which includes supporting faculty and staff as well as classroom and lab support. The Manager of Technology is responsible for both hardware and software purchasing and maintenance as well as planning for the future.
The School of Business at Portland State University is AACSB-accredited, has a strong commitment to both research and teaching, and serves over 3,400 students. The School was recently ranked by the Princeton Review as “one of the best universities to major in business,“ and in 2015, Portland State University was ranked by U.S. News and World Report in the top 20 “most innovative” universities in the nation. The university is dispersed over 49 acres of greenspace amidst the cultural and business center of downtown Portland. Portland is a thriving city of natural beauty considered to be a model for livability, environmental stewardship, and new urbanism principles. Portland is consistently ranked as one of the “best places to live” in the U.S., and is located within a 90 minute drive of mountains and the Oregon coast.
Duties of this position include:
- Provides front-line technical support to faculty/staff Windows & Macintosh desktop and laptop computers.
- Provides technical support for School of Business programs located off-campus, currently represented by the: Center for Executive and Professional Education; Provides technical support for off-campus MBA& executive simulation programs and exercises.
- Google Suite for Academics: Provides technical support for the School’s implementation of the Google Suite. Manages Google Groups and distribution lists. Supports faculty in Google Sites websites. Manages Google Hangouts for the School.
- Provides general oversight for the School of Business Computer Labs. Is not involved in day-to-day lab management but is responsible for
- Labs physical infrastructure: Computer installation and physical and network connectivity.
- Monitors and responds to trouble tickets in SBA-Support queue.
- Lab computers life cycle: Acquisition, installation, maintenance, divestment.
- Lab computer images: Receives software installation requests from faculty and conveys these to the OITstaff responsible for packaging and deployment
- Manages licensing for SB-provided software packages
- Manages lab file server in OITData Center
- Manages Bloomberg Finance Lab; maintains computers and printer in good order and Bloomberg software properly licensed.
- Classroom Support: Serves as a first line of defense for classroom AV issues. Trains new and adjunct faculty in media operations. Provide support for Global Classrooms, including researching and suggesting technology (hardware and/or software) changes or upgrades as needed
- Remote connectivity: The Online Business Education Program provides support for classes that are registered as wholly online courses; this position is responsible for all other classes and events. Records class sessions for posting to the web. Manages connections for off-campus speakers and remote participation by students. Supports Google Hangouts, Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom, Skype and other technologies. Supports Global Classrooms.
- Conference Rooms / Study Rooms / Board Room: Provides technical support for these rooms. Maintains scheduling system for room reservations by means of SQLqueries to a web-hosted database. Maintains hallway information displays.
- Manages the equipment lifecycle of faculty/staff computers: Computer acquisition, imaging, deployment, maintenance, decommissioning and surplusing. Maintains database of equipment assignment; manages Loan Agreements for equipment used off-campus.
- Acquires & installs software requested by faculty and manages licensing. Maintains a record of purchases, installation codes, etc. for licensing compliance and allowed reinstallations.
- Purchasing: Serves as a central point of contact for hardware and software purchases by means of a PSUProcurement Visa Card. Maintains documentation for all purchases for monthly review by the SB Budget Authority and annual review by the University Business Office.
- Ensure the School of Business is technologically current and stable. Analyze new technology of interest and communicate regularly with faculty and administration and develop documentation and training as needed for new systems and technologies
- Manages building print queues and printers.
- Serves as liaison with Office of Information Technology. Participates in Technology Administrators’ Group (TAGs)
- Active Directory / Group Policy: Maintains the School’s Active Directory container — computer objects, AD Groups.
- Serves as point of contact for non-employee computer accounts: 1) service accounts to function as e-mail addresses for SB projects; 2) affiliate accounts for people not having student or employee accounts but with a need to access PSUtechnology resources.
- BA Degree from an accredited institution and five-seven years of progressively responsible experience with technology support in a corporate, military or academic environment. or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties for this position
- 5 years experience in IT support and administration
- Thorough knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems and the Macintosh operating system.
- Experience with websites, video recording, streaming and editing, videoconferencing.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Configuration Management (SCCM)/Group Policy, Windows system configuration, SQL, HTML.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite and ability to assist users
- Must have customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to provide possible evening and weekend support as needed
- Must be available for after hours on-call support
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and customer service focus with a positive attitude
- Ability to climb under desks and on ladders and lift up to 50 lbs
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/28622