Phylos is seeking a rockstar planner to serve as the organizer and lead producer for all events including internal events, industry event participation, speaking engagements, and customer site visits. This position will work side-by-side with the brand, communications, and product teams within marketing to connect events to our company mission and goals and to support customer growth and engagement. The ideal candidate will excel in social and group environments, have a strong desire to be hands on in a fast-paced environment, have excellent multi-tasking and project management skills, and a knack for being the go-to resource for the marketing department. Collaboration is central to this role as you will be working closely with groups outside of marketing as well, particularly sales, customer support, and the leadership team.
What You Will Do:
- Inspire confidence in our brand, build relationships and engagement, and increase brand awareness through in-person experiences.
- Conceptualize event themes, prepare and manage event timelines, coordinate technical aspects, craft presentation materials, develop event staffing plans, prepare expenditure reports, engage with vendors, identify and track event success metrics, and manage risk.
- Work with internal and external members and stakeholders to determine scope of work, budget, design direction, presentation requirements, and timeline.
- Support the executive team, and other departments, to conceptualize and develop content for Phylos events and speaking engagements that maintains high standards of scientific accuracy and audience appropriateness.
- Maintain a cross-functional team calendar of events and act as the hub between teams to ensure high visibility of event and customer visits.
- Coordinate requirements for and maintain physical inventory of marketing collateral, event inventory, and swag materials.
- Work with and solicit vendors and contractors for event production and logistics.
- Organize customer meetings held at Phylos by developing agendas, locations, invitations, and preparing conference rooms or event spaces, and preparing food and beverages as required.
- Attend association events and related conferences as needed.
- Support marketing response operations (requests and inquiries) ensuring that each project and event get the resources and attention it needs to be successful.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success.
- Support the maintenance and development of internal tools, including document management systems and intranet sites.
- Create reports, presentations, and other informational materials as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Hospitality, Public Relations, Marketing, or similar.
- 2+ years of event production experience, acting as the event lead for at least 1 multi-day event for >50 people.
- Must be able to work an adjusted work schedule as needed to meet the demands of the position, including occasional early mornings, evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
- Ability to travel internationally; willing to travel 10-25% of the job.
- Strong understanding of digital channel interactions with in-person experiences.
- Discipline to work independently and meet established deadlines with attention to detail.
- Stellar writing and communication skills, with the ability to lead and facilitate meetings with cross-functional teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Described by colleagues as a strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills, curiosity, positive attitude, drive, and a collaborative spirit.
- A strong desire to work at a startup and have a large impact, with previous startup experience preferred.
- Experience with email marketing systems (preferably with MailChimp, MailJet or Pardot/Marketo).
- Understanding of project management tools (i.e., Trello, Asana, JIRA) and customer relationship management systems (i.e., Salesforce.com, PipeDrive, HubSpot).
- Demonstrated experience with vendor relations and contract negotiation.
Those interested, please submit your resume and cover letter here.