Help us take Entrepreneurs’ Organization to the next level!
EO Portland is actively seeking a Chapter Administrator to support our Chapter Manager in communicating and facilitating member services and training opportunities for a diverse community of local business owners.
As Chapter Administrator, you will play an integral role in the growth and development of EO Portland, as well as the direct experience of each member entrepreneur you support. By communicating and facilitating the benefits, services, and opportunities that EO members receive, the Chapter Administrator helps strengthen the EO experience and further positions EO as a global thought leader on entrepreneurship. Executing at the highest level, the chapter administrator ensures all touch points and experiences (communication, events, access) our members and strategic partners receive exemplify our five core values.
Our Mission: To engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
Our Vision: To build the world's most influential community of entrepreneurs — and we do that by engaging leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
Our Core Values:
- Boldly Go! - Bet on your own abilities
- Thirst for Learning - Be a student of opportunity
- Make a Mark - Leave a legacy
- Trust and Respect - Build a safe haven for learning and growth
- Cool - Create, seek out, and celebrate once-in-a-lifetime experiences
Our promise to our Members is to help them grow as entrepreneurs and leaders, and to equip them with learning, tools, and connections needed to grow their businesses. We promise to do those things with a high level of quality, clear communication, respect, and personalization.
For the “A player” (someone in the top 10% of talent for any position) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you to work directly with local entrepreneurs to help them grow and learn.
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you love systems that are simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
EO is a global network of 14,000+ entrepreneurs in 188 chapter across 58 countries. The Portland Chapter has over 170 members employing more than 4,300 people in our city.
At its core, EO Portland is a collection of like-minded entrepreneurs focused on business growth, personal development, ethical leadership, and community engagement. EO Portland holistically supports the needs of our entrepreneurs through business, family, community, and personal growth experiences. We are not-for-profit, with all our funds contributing directly to member benefits.
This position works closely with our chapter’s EO Accelerator (EOA) program, a curriculum-based learning program for approx. 30 entrepreneurs whose businesses gross between $250K - $1M in revenue. EOA is designed to help its participants grow above the $1M revenue mark in 2-3 years. EOA has a volunteer board that meets monthly; quarterly all-day learning days; and its members meet in private accountability groups monthly with a volunteer coach.
An ideal candidate is a responsible, efficient, clear communicator; organized, systematic, and process-oriented; highly self-motivated and a self-starter; trustworthy; and friendly and professional individual who understands and can handle fast-paced entrepreneurial direction.
The Chapter Administrator reports to the Chapter Manager. The position allows the flexibility of primarily working from home and traveling to meetings and events throughout the day. There is also the option of working occasionally from EO Member company offices as a guest.
Success in this position looks like these things:
- Follow through. Follow through. Follow through.
- Responsiveness to requests.
- Getting the details right.
- Manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Thriving in a constantly changing environment.
- Taking direction from a wide variety of people.
- Managing projects from start to finish.
- Anticipating the needs of members and does what is needed to be helpful.
- Being resourceful; finding ways to make things happen – your gut reaction is to say “yes, and.”
- Providing solutions when pointing out a problem.
- Working directly with Board Chairs to accomplish board objectives for new membership growth, new member integration/orientation, and the EO Accelerator program
- Interface with EO Members on a daily basis through email & phone in a friendly and professional manner, excited to personalize their experience
- Overseeing the data and document management process of prospective members, applications, and new member onboarding
- Planning and co-facilitating quarterly new member orientations
- Scheduling & communicating about quarterly new member Forum Training days
- Attending monthly EO Accelerator board meetings, taking notes, and tracking board progress on set goals
- Co-planning and communicating about quarterly EO Accelerator all-day training days
- Scheduling & communicating about monthly “drop-in” forum meetings for the public
- Using MailChimp to send program-wide newsletters
- Communicating about member benefits via email — volume of approximately 10-15 emails per day; and occasional scheduled phone calls
- Regularly updating EO documents, templates, and databases
- Facilitating annual member renewals communications and invoices
- Managing database of member profiles and chapter information
- Editing a Squarespace website
- Occasional chapter-wide mail projects
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Will respond to text, phone, or email messages within 48 hours
- Experience with Google Suite including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets & Forms; and Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Squarespace and MailChimp
- Professional, strong oral and written communication
- Reliable transportation
- Professional in appearance
- Must be willing to work flexible hours; some nights and roughly 2-3 weekends per year are required
Pay & Benefits
Entrepreneurs’ Organization is committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of great people who share, demonstrate, and live our core values. We take pride in working for a company that lives its core values, vision, and mission/purpose and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and clients.
Pay is $24-28/hour DOE.
As a 20-hr/week position, this job is not eligible for medical benefits. We do offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Six paid national holidays
- Oregon Sick Pay
- Membership benefits at LA Fitness and AT&T; and quarterly invitations to local employee retail stores like Adidas and Columbia (50% discounts)
- Outstanding working environment
- Family-friendly atmosphere and culture
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
“Honestly, this is my favorite job I’ve ever had. The people in the EO Portland community are all squeezing every drop of juice out of their one precious life, and it’s inspiring and energizing to work with and for them every day.” -Tyler McCabe, Chapter Manager
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous on both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We want you to find the ideal position for your skill set and strengths.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our challenging and rigorous hiring process, and feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application process by going to our online application. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.