We inspire kids to believe in themselves.
Who we are
As the North American leader in children’s programming, Pedalheads is a $25 million organization headquartered in Vancouver, Canada who has taught foundational bike, swim, and sport skills to more than a million children. Founded by award-winning entrepreneur, Claudia Sjoberg, Pedalheads has experienced rapid growth and demand for its world-class children’s camp programming. Operations now span across Canada and the United States with new markets that include Boston, Los Angeles, and Washington DC. Check us out at www.Pedalheads.com
Pedalheads has 170+ locations in 40+ cities with 2000+ amazing staff who get to teach 70,000+ children every year. Pedalheads has grown more than 50% over the past 2 years while maintaining a “love what you do” culture with considerable flexibility and opportunity for professional growth.
Our people consistently attribute their love of working at Pedalheads to the culture and team. We’re passionate about creating a supportive, energizing team environment with fun, friendly and driven people.
We are truly known for developing our people and teams to their highest potential in a way that builds skills and confidence for life. Our progressive, collaborative culture and ambitious North American expansion plans translate into all kinds of career growth and development opportunities.
Learn how to operate at the highest standards of excellence through our industry-
leading programs, while doing work that has meaning. By teaching fundamental skills, building confidence and igniting their sense of adventure, we can forever impact the life of a child. Pedalheads also offers a generous bursary program and give back program through annual social giving.
You have a passion for building confidence in others. You’ve been told your voice is booming – you couldn’t be mistaken within a crowd or out on a bike ride. You want to instill the desire “to create ‘breakthrough, happy dancing, high-fiving, “I did it!” moments’ with children” to our next generation of instructors. You understand that it’s important to take the time to prepare for a training session – in delivery, materials, and set-up. You can read the room and you’re comfortable with giving feedback to others. Does this sound like you? Great!
We are seeking Bike Trainers to run our New Bike Instructor Training sessions. You’ll be provided with the training and materials you need to succeed. You will deliver training sessions to groups of 6 Instructors who will leave feeling comfortable and confident about our well-developed instructing methods!
Training Session Rate: $225
In this role, you’ll be:
- Understanding the contents of the Trainer Guide & delivering the training with enthusiasm
- Showcasing what the ultimate Pedalheads Bike Instructor looks like
- Assisting Lead Trainer with set-up of training sessions
- Building rapport with new Bike Instructors
- Taking attendance from sessions and providing it to Lead Trainer in a timely manner
- Providing positive feedback and encouragement to new Bike Instructors and celebrate their achievements
- Creating an environment that is both professional and fun for the Instructors by encouraging participation and engagement
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
We believe that a great team is built on a collection of diverse skills, knowledge and experiences and we consider all of this when we review your application:
- Can have experience working at a Pedalheads Bike or Trail camp or be new to the company
- Having a valid driver’s license is an asset
- Have a working bike and helmet that can be transported to training sessions
- Comfortable riding on residential roads with traffic, if applicable in your region
- Must obtain current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working in recreation and/or children’s programming
- Ability to lead with confidence and by example, working closely with others to create a fun and inclusive experience
- Experience as a mentor for others with a welcoming attitude and efficient communication skills
- Not afraid to ask Lead Trainer for help or guidance if needed
- Criminal record check required
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to creating and upholding a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone. We believe that our programs are enriched by the presence of many voices from a variety of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, political beliefs, ages, sexual identities and orientation, socio-economic backgrounds and physical and cognitive abilities.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require financial assistance or other accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact us in confidence.